Marrying in church is personal, meaningful and spiritual, just as you want it to be. Churches are special and unique places to get married in – the prayers, promises and the whole service of celebration become part of your marriage, on the day itself and beyond.
St Paul’s, Harringay offers a stunning, contemporary location for your wedding. There is seating for 110 guests in the nave and a further 15 guests (or a choir) in the gallery.
If one of you has lived in the parish for a period of at least six months (at any time – it doesn’t have to be now), you can get married at St Paul’s, Harringay. You will also be able to get married at St Paul’s if you have one of these connections:
That one of you:
- was baptised (christened) in the parish, or
- is confirmed and your confirmation was entered in the register of confirmations for a church or chapel in the parish (this will usually be the case if you were prepared for confirmation in the parish), or
- has at any time regularly gone to normal church services in the parish church for a period of at least 6 months
That one of your parents, at any time after you were born:
- has lived in the parish for a period of at least 6 months, or
- has regularly gone to normal church services in the parish church for a period of at least 6 months or
- That one of your parents or grandparents was married in the parish.
If you would like to discuss celebrating your wedding at St Paul’s, Harringay, please contact us.
The Church of England’s weddings website has lots more information on planning your church wedding.
If you’re planning to get married in a different church but you live in the parish of St Paul’s, Harringay, you will usually need to have your banns read at St Paul’s as well as at the church you are marrying in.
Banns have to be read on three consecutive Sundays in the three months before your wedding and you will need to provide your banns certificate from St Paul’s, Harringay to the priest at the church where you get married. If you need to arrange for your banns to be read at St Paul’s, Harringay, please contact us.
If you’re looking for an affordable reception venue, we also offer hall hire.